History

In 1921, a catholic hospital named St Vincents was established by His Lordship, Most Reverend John Carroll, DD and entrusted into the care of the Sisters of Charity.  The hospital which was located in a weatherboard residence now known as ‘Tarmons’ comprised of a convent, three wards, ten beds and an operating theatre.

The Sisters of Charity, looking to further develop the hospital, purchased a house in Avondale Avenue where a Hospice was established. St Joseph’s Hospice was officially opened in 1937 providing accommodation for twelve patients.

In 1982, the sixty-bed nursing home, now known as St Josephs Nursing Home was built within the hospital grounds facing Dalley Street.  Patients were transferred from the Hospice to the Nursing Home and the building which is currently home to the Carroll Centre was made available for community projects.

St Josephs Nursing Home has evolved into the home it is today which prides itself in providing specialist care for the frail aged and recognized for its expertise in palliative and dementia care.

Accreditation

nursing home lismore - aged care lismore

Accreditation

St Josephs has been accredited since March 2000 by the Aged Care Standards & Accreditation Agency. St Josephs continues to receive a 3 year Accreditation status and is currently accredited until March 2015. The home has a strong commitment to its quality improvement program and prides itself in the success of its Accreditation history.

Double Image under accreditation text

nursing home lismore - aged care lismore

Phone Button

Phone
+61 2 66279356

Fax Button

Fax
+61 2 66279360

Email Button