NSW Health has in place certain criteria for visiting a residential aged care facility and we are also following the Industry Code for Visiting in Aged Care. These guidelines help us to manage the risk of COVID-19 entering the facility, and also to protect our vulnerable residents, while also enabling them to enjoy seeing loved ones again.
- Keeping our community safe and informed is our top priority at St Joseph’s as we continue with our COVID-19 response
- At this time we have a range of procedures and systems for visitors that reduce the potential for the transmission of the COVID-19 virus.
- NSW Health has also set criteria when you visit a residential aged care facility that we follow alongside the Industry Code for Visiting in Aged Care.
Systems for visitors
- From Wednesday 6th April 2022, each resident will be permitted two fully-vaccinated visitors aged 12 years and over per day, plus two children aged under 12 years per day, provided they are accompanied by a fully-vaccinated person.
- Visitors will need to bring a Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) with them to each visit and a staff member will facilitate the test; a negative test will be required to continue the visit. A PCR (taken within the previous 72 hours) is also acceptable.
- All visitors must wear a surgical mask and visits must be in the resident’s room, or an outside area, but not in any inside communal areas.
Residents leaving the facility
In terms of our residents leaving the facility, the following mandatory measures are in place:
- Residents are permitted to leave the facility and attend small family gatherings but must abide by the current Public Health (COVID-19 Additional Restrictions for Delta Outbreak) Order (No 2) 2021
- Residents must not go into an area that is under a ‘stay at home’ order.
Letters to families
To see our latest communication for families, click on the links below.
- April 6 – visitor restrictions lifted
- April 4 – update
- April 1 – two staff members positive
- March 29 – no new cases
- March 25 – update
- March 23 – full visitor restrictions
- Feb 08 – lifting outbreak restrictions
- Feb 03 – update
- Jan 31 – new staff case
- Jan 27 – new staff case
- Jan 25 – Mary’s Grange staff case
- Jan 24 – East Wing resident case
- Jan 21 – update
- Jan 18 – three staff cases
- Jan 14 – East Wing staff case
- Jan 13 – West Wing staff case
- Jan 12 – rapid tests for East Wing
- Jan 11 – East Wing resident case
- Jan 07 – visitor restrictions, five staff cases
The St. Joseph’s difference
You get much more than quality nursing care at St Joseph’s. You get Care Plus. A warm and nurturing culture, combined with lifestyle and leisure programs are all part of the St Joseph’s difference.
We uniquely offer an on-site hospital, doctors, radiology and pharmacy, bringing great peace of mind to families.
St Joeseph's Nursing Home
|20 Dalley St, East Lismore NSW 2480, Australia|